Saturday, December 3, 2011

Singing with Christmas trees!

For SR. primary: I am teaching 2 different Christmas songs tomorrow for performances coming up. We are learning "Silent Night" in German and "If i had been in Bethlehem". I know i won't have time for much of an activity so i printed several of these Christmas trees-each with a different number in the center. Before primary, I will tape them under chairs randomly. I plan on having the children look under their chairs to see who has the trees. I will have all those with trees come up front. Whoever has #1 will sing phrase 1 with their class (I will have the words to the song written on a poster and each phrase will have a number in front of it), the person with #2 will sing phrase 2 with their class and so forth. I'll probably have the children with trees swap with each other so that their classes get a turn singing other phrases too. I'm hoping this will be an organized way to help them learn these songs.

For JR. primary, I printed these Christmas singing cards posted by Brittney that she found on pinterest. I'll tell them what song we're singing, then they will pick a card to determine how we'll sing. For example:
elf-tiptoe in place like we're sneaking
Christmas tree-spread our arms like branches
angel-fly like an angel
santa claus-put our hands on our bellies and pretend we're laughing while we sing
ornament-roll our hands
reindeer-prance in place
snowflake-twirl and spin in place
gingerbread-run in place
candy cane-twist
snowman-melt to the floor

No comments:

Post a Comment